Monday, April 27, 2009

Exterior Set Renders

Here are a few things that I have been working on. It's all works in progress, nothing is finalised. Everthing has been rendered using the toon shading technique using the standard Maya software renderer. No lights and shadows have been added yet. The textures are not final too.



Exterior set - helicopter view



Close up of gas pumps on path





Camera view similar to that of the storyboard I drew earlier on



This car was modeled by Greg. I took it, gave it some textures and rendered it with a spotlight in a toon fashion.




One major problem I would face is lighting. Because of the way the rendering works, I can't seem to get soft and diffused lighting. Notice the harsh cone lining on the above car image. This might pose a challenge for me when I light up the set. Another problem I would face is that the system lags when I try to orbit around the set. This happens because the black outlines you see in the pictures are actually a polygonal object. This adds extra geometry to the scene, thus requiring Maya to use up more memory. I would have to add the outlines at the last stage when I'm ready for rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment