Tuesday, April 21, 2009

First Day

Hello everyone,

Today is my first post here. We basically got our story laid out and decided on the treatment - a mixture of 2D and 3D animation, the characters being in 2D and the sets being in 3D. Since Thursday is submission, we also got things assigned to do as Dion has mentioned. I am in charge of the set design and layout.

Basically, it's supposed to be a supermarket, but I wanted something different, hence I came up with the idea of a mini mart at a gas station on an American highway. Why American? Because it's personal to me - I've been there before and I just love the way gas stations are built there. While researching on various gas stations, I came up with the idea of doing the film in a much older timeline - something like the 20's or 50's. This would make the film much more interesting in my opinion. But I've yet to hear what the others have to say about this :)

So anyway, I'd like to share something I did here. I'm kinda proud of it although it's mere two frames :D Well, at least I drew. Heh..



This was my initial idea of composing an establishing shot showing a mall at the start of the film. Sorry if the proportions are a little off :)

Well, things I learned/reflected upon today:
  • importance of pacing of story, eg continuity, styling
  • I can draw sensible drawings provided I have a tablet and it doesn't involve characters :D
  • my contribution in this project in terms of art direction instead of just handling technicalities
Well, shall blog more later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment