Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Talks and what nots

Melvin from Blue Sky studios came down to give a talk today. I think I've learnt a lot from this talk. All the things mentioned such as breaking rigs, having a collection of inspirational animation pieces really got me thinking. It was a pity the others didn't make it for the talk as they would have learnt a whole lot.
I guess what I really took from the talk was that dreams that we all had as kids of making it big in the industry will always remain dreams until we decide to do something about it.
Did animation tests in the 2d lab in the afternoon. Traditional 2d animation is proving to be really tedious. I guess it pays to be patient as an animator.
There was a second talk in the late afternoon, nothing much to talk about for that one. Overall, i find traditional 2d animation to be a rather daunting task.

No comments:

Post a Comment