Friday, May 8, 2009

Me doing 2D! :D

Well, I finally felt useful today actually. I finished a shot where the dude reaches out to grab a can of soup from the shelf. It's in the opening sequence, basically the first shot of the interior of the shot. Since we weren't showing the character, and showing only the character's hand, I used the hand which I had used in P2 and re-rigged it for better control (though afterwards I realised that I didn't need to). I modeled the soup can and textured it and made a few copies and framed the shot. I animated the hand pulling the soup can out and then applied the cell shaders and rendered in cell-shaded style.

Well, that's not it. I took some of Angie's hand-drawn frames and cleaned it up in Photoshop. This was a tedious process, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I then colored the frames. I wasn't too sure of the two-tone shading, so I just did the base color and Angie or someone else would be applying the second tone. But I'm trying my best to do a clean job so that there will be less work for anyone to do when they do the second toning.

Pretty cool huh... never imagined myself doing this, but here I am, helping out and feeling good that at least I'm doing something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment