Friday, May 8, 2009

Switching to digital

Switched from traditional animation to digital. Raj suggested that we switch to save time spent scanning and inking. I kind of agreed and switched over. Overall I think there isn't much of a difference, just need to get used to the wacom.

I did some shots today and realised that when animating, it's best to start with the first and the last frames and fill in the center portions afterwards.

Yes, if you were wondering, I have been drawing my frames linearly. I feel that be doing so, i do not have control over how long each motion takes. This isn't very good as timing is really important in animation. Lesson learnt, and I'm doing things the other way round now.

*Note*
The last computer at the senior's corner of the 2d animation lab is really laggy. I'm not saying that the computers in the 2d lab are lousy, it's just that that particular piece of hardware is exceptionally slow. It takes ages to save and keeps giving me the "program is not responding" rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment